How to Set Password to Protect Your PDF
One of the biggest advantages of using the Portable Document Format over the other document formats (like .doc or .docx) is that you can always protect your document in the PDF file to prevent it from being opened, copied, edited and printed.
Step 1. Open PDF File
Once you have installed PDFelement on your computer, go to desktop and run it on your computer. On the Home window, click on the "Open files" button to open the PDF file that you want to protect from editing.
Step 2. Protect a PDF from Editing
After opening the PDF file, click on the "Protect" tab and select "Set Password" from the top menu. On the next dialogue, check the little box under permissions and enter the password for your PDF file. You will have to enter the password again to confirm it. Finally, click on the "Save" button on this page.
PDFelement is not a simple PDF encrypting software, it is your all-in-one solution for PDF files. By using the program on Windows or Mac OS X, you can either create a PDF file using a blank page or different images that you want to incorporate in your PDF file. It also lets you edit each and every part of the PDF file from adding new text, removing existing text, editing images, converting the PDF file to a suitable format.
One of the main features of PDFelement is encryption; you can either add a password to even open the document or can add the password to get access to the specific functions. The specific functions will include printing, editing, copying, commenting, or even form filling. The best part about using this software is that it does not require rocket science, all you have to do is click on the "Protect" tab and add a password for the document.
Step 1: Use the Encrypt with Password tool
To get started:
- Open your PDF file with PDFelement.
- Pull down the "File" menu and go to the "Protect" section.
- Once there, select the "Encrypt with Password" option.
Step 2: Set a Password
Now you will see a window where you can choose the protection features. You can set passwords to restrict reading, writing, and even printing processes.
A few years ago, password protecting files was not as straightforward as it is now. Fortunately, these days, password-protecting documents are straightforward, and encryption tools are often included in the editing applications you use daily.
PDF Document is always important. Protecting your document with a password is a practical step to prevent it from being opened by the wrong hands. Today, most office suite apps already have a default feature that you can use to password-protect your document, including Microsoft Office and WPS Office.
Check here to know how to add password for your PDF with WPS Office: A Brief Guide on How to Password Protect a PDF File
- 1. How to Password Protect a PDF on Windows 10 Step by Step
- 2. How to Combine Password Protected PDF Files without Password Using WPS Office
- 3. How to Open Password Protected PDF Without Password Online: Tips and Tricks
- 4. How to Open Password-protected PDF without Password
- 5. How to Add Password to Protect a PDF – Know the Details!
- 6. How to Open a Password Protected PDF File Without the Password
- 7. How to Break PDF Password Without Password: A Comprehensive Guide with WPS Office
- 8. How to Use a PDF QR Code Generator to Protect Your Files？
- 9. Unlocking PDFs Without a Password: How to Remove Password Protection
- 10. Step by Step Guide: 3 Ways for How to Password Protect or Encrypt a PDF