How to Write on a PDF with Free PDF Editor (4 Advanced Features）
Have you ever received a PDF document that needed editing but found out it's not editable? It can be frustrating and time-consuming, especially if you need to add or modify text, images, or signatures. Fortunately, there are tools available that can help you write on a PDF document easily and efficiently. In this article, we'll explore how to use PDF editing tools to solve the conflict of non-editable PDF documents.
2 Recommended Tools for Writing on PDFs
When it comes to writing on PDF documents, having the right tools can make all the difference. In this article, we'll take a closer look at two popular options: WPS Office PDF Editor and Adobe Acrobat DC.
#1 WPS Office PDF Editor:
WPS Office PDF Editor is a free and feature-rich tool that allows users to write on PDF documents with ease. It offers a variety of functions, including adding text, images, and watermarks, as well as editing and annotating PDFs. With a simple and intuitive interface, WPS Office PDF Editor is easy to use and navigate. Additionally, it is stable and reliable, making it a great choice for those looking for a free PDF editing tool. However, some advanced features may require a paid subscription.
#2 Adobe Acrobat DC:
Adobe Acrobat DC is a professional-grade PDF editing tool that offers a wide range of functions, including writing on PDF documents. It is known for its advanced features, such as the ability to create, edit, and sign PDFs, as well as organize pages and export files to other formats. With its powerful tools and intuitive interface, Adobe Acrobat DC is the go-to choice for many professionals. However, it comes with a hefty price tag and may be more than what some users need for simple PDF editing tasks.
Overall, both WPS Office free PDF editor and Adobe Acrobat DC offer excellent options for writing on PDF documents online or offline, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
Step-by-Step to Writing on PDFs
If you need to write on a PDF document, there are several options available. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it using WPS Office PDF Editor:
1. Open PDF files in WPS Office: Launch WPS Office PDF Editor and open the PDF file you want to write on. Click on the "Edit" button to enter the editing mode.
2. Typing directly onto the PDF: Once you're in editing mode, you can start typing directly onto the PDF. Select the text box where you want to add text, click on it, and start typing. You can change the font, size, and color of the text as needed.
3. Adding comments and annotations: If you want to leave comments or annotations on the PDF document, click on the "Comment" button and select the type of annotation you want to add. You can add sticky notes, highlights, strikethroughs, and more.
4. Using a separate text box: If you prefer to write on a separate text box instead of directly on the PDF, click on the "Add Text" button and choose the location where you want to add the text box. Then, simply type your text into the box and adjust the font, size, and color to your preferences.
This method can be useful if you want to keep the text separate from the original content of the PDF or if you need more control over the layout of the text.
5. Inserting images and stamps: To insert an image or stamp onto the PDF, click on the "Image" or "Stamp" button, respectively. Choose the image or stamp you want to insert, and then click on the location where you want to place it. You can resize, rotate, and move the image or stamp as needed.
With these simple steps, you can write on PDF documents using WPS Office PDF Editor with ease. Whether you need to add text, comments, or images, WPS Office PDF Editor provides a range of tools to help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Tips for Writing on a PDF
Writing on a PDF document can be a challenging task, especially if you are not familiar with the available tools and techniques. However, there are some tips that can help you write more effectively on a PDF document, regardless of your level of experience.
1. High Flexibility Tool: using a reliable tool is essential for achieving the desired results. There are many PDF editors available, but not all of them offer the same level of stability, features, and ease of use. For instance, WPS Office PDF Editor and Adobe Acrobat DC are two popular options that offer a wide range of tools for writing on PDFs, including the ability to add, edit, or delete text, images, and annotations.
2. Planning: reducing the number of repeated revisions can save time and prevent unnecessary rework during the editing process. This can be achieved by planning your writing carefully and focusing on the most important content first. Before you start writing on a PDF, make sure you have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve, and create an outline or a rough draft to guide your writing process. Also, consider the formatting, layout, and design of the PDF document to ensure that your writing is consistent with the overall style and tone.
3. Word Format: if possible, converting the PDF document to a word format can make modifications easier and more efficient. This can be particularly useful if you need to make significant changes or if you want to collaborate with others on the same document.
By converting the PDF to a word format, you can use the editing tools in Microsoft Word or other word processing software to make changes quickly and easily. Once you have finished editing, you can convert the document back to PDF format to ensure that the final version looks and functions as intended.
Writing on a PDF document can be a challenging task, but by using reliable tools, reducing revisions, and converting the document to word format, you can write more effectively and efficiently. Whether you are a professional writer, a student, or someone who needs to write on PDFs occasionally, these tips can help you achieve your goals and create high-quality documents that meet your needs.
Collaborate When Writing on PDFs
To share a PDF file with others, you can upload it to a cloud storage service such as Google Drive or Dropbox and then share the link with your collaborators. Another option is to use the collaboration features provided by PDF editors such as WPS Office PDF Editor and Adobe Acrobat DC.
Once you have shared the PDF file, your collaborators can add comments and annotations to it. This is a useful feature for reviewing and editing the document with others. The comments can be used to suggest changes or provide feedback on specific parts of the document.
To track changes made by collaborators, you can use the "review" or "track changes" feature provided by WPS PDF editors. This feature allows you to see the changes made by others and accept or reject them as needed.
Collaborating on PDFs is a useful feature for teams and individuals who need to work on the same document. It allows for easy sharing, review, and editing of PDF files, making the process more efficient and streamlined.
Advanced PDF Writing Techniques
Advanced PDF Writing Techniques involve using more advanced features and tools to create professional-grade PDF documents. Four main techniques for advanced PDF writing are creating fillable forms, adding hyperlinks, converting PDFs to other formats, and incorporating digital signatures.
Creating Fillable Forms: With the right PDF editor, you can create fillable forms that allow users to input data directly into the document. This is particularly useful for surveys, questionnaires, and other types of forms that require information to be collected.
Adding Hyperlinks: Hyperlinks can be added to PDFs, allowing readers to quickly navigate to relevant information on the internet or within the document itself. This can help to make the document more interactive and engaging for readers.
Converting PDFs to Other Formats: Sometimes it may be necessary to convert a PDF to a different file format, such as Word or Excel. This can make it easier to edit and work with the document in other applications.
Incorporating Digital Signatures: Digital signatures can be used to sign and authenticate PDF documents. This is particularly useful for documents that require a high level of security, such as legal contracts or financial statements. Digital signatures provide a secure and convenient way to sign and verify documents without the need for physical signatures.
Q1: Can I write on a PDF without purchasing special software?
Yes, there are free PDF editors available that allow you to write on PDFs without purchasing special software. Some examples include WPS Office PDF Editor and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
Q2: How do I edit a PDF on my phone?
You can edit a PDF on your phone by downloading a PDF editor app, such as WPS Office or Xodo PDF Reader & Editor, and opening the PDF file in the app.
Q3: How can I convert a scanned PDF into a writable PDF?
To convert a scanned PDF into a writable PDF, you can use software having OCR feature(optical character recognition), such as Adobe Acrobat Pro or WPS Office. These programs can recognize text in the scanned PDF and convert it into editable text.
Q4: Is it legal to edit a PDF document that I did not create?
It depends on the circumstances. If the PDF is protected by copyright or other legal protections, it may not be legal to edit it without permission from the owner. However, if the PDF is in the public domain or the owner has given permission to edit it, it is legal to do so.
Q5: How do I write on a PDF in Google Docs?
Unfortunately, you cannot write directly on a PDF in Google Docs. You can, however, convert the PDF into a Google Doc format by using the "Open with" feature in Google Drive, and then write on the converted document.
In this article, we discussed the main steps to write on PDFs, including opening PDF files in WPS Office, typing directly onto the PDF, adding comments and annotations, using a separate text box, and inserting images and stamps. We also covered some advanced techniques such as creating fillable forms, adding hyperlinks, converting PDFs to other formats, and incorporating digital signatures.
By following the tips and techniques outlined in this article, you can achieve the desired results and save time and effort in the editing process. Remember to use a stable and secure PDF editor, avoid repeated revisions, and consider converting PDFs to other formats if needed. With these strategies, you can write on PDFs with confidence and efficiency.
- 1. The Most Advanced PDF Filler for Windows 10: Streamline Your Workflow
- 2. Top Free Apps to Write on PDF in 2023
- 3. Everything about Foxit Advanced Pdf Editor for Windows
- 4. How to Write or Create a Weekly Report Free
- 5. PDF Xchange Editor Online Manual | Free Download Guide & Features 2022
- 6. A Free Online PDF Editor with Many Features – PDF Xchange
- 7. Quick Steps on How to Write on a PDF in Windows
- 8. Best Ways to Write a Mid-Year Report Free
- 9. Everything about WPS PDF Editor and Amazing Features of WPS in 2022
- 10. How to Write a Monthly Report Free