A Complete Guide for Editing PDFs with Google PDF Editor - Google Drive
PDF documents offer amazing security with excellent formatting. But finding a free PDF editor online is a hectic task. Don’t worry if you don’t know How to Edit PDFs Using Google PDF Editor because this comprehensive guide will answer all these questions and more, providing tips and tricks for using PDF Editor and explaining its features and benefits.
Whether you're a student, a business professional, or anyone who regularly works with PDFs, this guide will help you make the most of PDF Editor.
Part 1: Google PDF Editor - Google Drive
Google Drive is an excellent tool used for storage and synchronization. Besides its core function of sharing files, you can also use it as a free PDF editor online. It is effortless and allows you to edit PDFs on Google Docs and download the file as a PDF document.
Google Docs is a free cloud-based productivity suite word processing software that you can use on any device with a Gmail ID. This application has powerful features and is compatible with all Google applications. Its features include collaborative editing, cloud storage, built-in templates, revision history, voice typing, and offline access.
Part 2: How to Edit a PDF on Google Drive?
Follow the below-mentioned stepwise guide to learn how to edit PDF documents using Google Drive.
1. Access Google Drive on your web browser and sign in to your Google account.
2. Click on the “+” icon to upload your PDF file to Google Drive, or simply drag and drop the PDF file.
3. Wait until your file is uploaded to the Drive.
4. After that, right-click on the PDF file and select Open with Google Docs from the drop-down menu.
5. A new tab will open on your web browser, allowing you to edit your PDF document in Google Docs.
6. You can find different editing options like text editing, converting files, and printing your edited file.
7. Once you edit your PDF file, you can share it with your colleagues for collaborative work. Click on the Share button, and it will give you a different option for sharing the PDF document.
8. You can share it by adding an email or group to the address. Moreover, you can copy the link and share it via any source. Google Docs allows you to customize the access of your document.
9. After completing editing, click on File, scroll down to Download, and select PDF. This way, you will download the newly edited PDF document.
10. You can share the edited PDF by clicking the Share button. There are different options that let you customize your sharing. Add emails or groups or copy the link and share via any medium.
Part 3: Tips and Tricks for Editing PDFs with Google PDF Editor
Editing your PDF file can be a piece of cake if you can crack its shortcuts and know how to use its templates.
Keyboard Shortcuts for Faster Editing
Using keyboard shortcuts rather than a mouse cursor can save you a hefty amount of time while editing your PDF document. Below are shortcuts that will simplify your life while editing PDFs with Google Docs.
Using Built-In Templates for Quicker Document Creation
Google Docs provides you with a variety of templates to choose from for more professional document creation within no time. Here’s how to access these templates.
1. Click on File and Create New and select “From Template Gallery,” as shown below.
2. It will take you to another page having dozens of pre-defined templates. Choose any template that you like by simply clicking on it.
3. Now, you can start editing the template with your content, and this is an easy way to create a professional document using no effort.
Collaboration Tips for Using Google PDF Editor
One of the best features of Google Docs is the Collaborative mechanism where you can efficiently work with others on a document to enhance productivity.
1. It is easy to share documents with your colleagues, friends, and family by clicking the Share button.
2. Using the Suggesting Mode, you can change the documents that may be accepted or rejected. To access the Suggesting Mode, click on the button below the Share button.
3. You can also use comments and annotations for feedback and suggestions. To add comments, click on the "Comment" button in the top-right corner of the screen. You can also see others' comments in this section.
4. The Revision History feature is convenient for viewing and restoring previous versions of the document. Click on the Clock icon to view the Revision history.
Part 4: Alternatives Of Google PDF Editor
Google Drive is an excellent platform for editing PDF documents, but there are other platforms that you can use as PDF Editor online and offline.
It is a potent tool that is available both as a desktop application and as a web-based version. It is a complete productivity suite that contains word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software. Moreover, it has a potent PDF editor tool that allows you to edit text, add and delete pages, form filling, add annotations, OCR, password protection, PDF conversion, and add digital signatures. This free software works on multiple platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
You can Convert PDF to multiple other formats
It has a user-Friendly Interface
The PDF Editor in WPS Office support Cloud Storage
Although WPS Office has a powerful editor, its free version has limited features.
Free PDF Editor is an application that allows you to edit your PDF documents. You can edit, convert, add texts, images, or shapes, change font or color, or modify the page layout and collaborate on your PDF document. With the collaborative nature of this software, you can edit a document simultaneously with your colleagues. Although this application is free of cost, it comes with limited functionalities like you can’t add digital signatures and can’t add or delete pages from your PDF document.
Free PDF editor is free of cost.
It offers Collaborative features making it easy to work in teams.
With a user-friendly interface, it is very Easy to use
It has limited Editing features as compared to paid softwares.
When you edit PDF, it leaves it brand’s Watermarks and while editing, it shows Ads.
Part 5: Differences Between WPS Office and Google Docs
Google Docs performs well when it comes to editing PDF Online. Still, it has some limitations as compared to WPS Office. Below is a detailed comparison between Google Docs and WPS Office.
Considering the above comparison table, WPS Office supports multiple platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. In contrast, Google Docs doesn’t support Linux and macOS. Moreover, WPS Office offers additional features like adding headers and footers, OCR, batch PDF conversion, PDF splitting and merging, and more. Also, WPS Office has desktop applications, while Google Docs are only available online. Hence, WPS Office is a better choice for PDF editing.
How to download WPS Office free?
WPS Office has a web-based version and desktop application as well. Follow the below-mentioned tutorial to download WPS Office on your PC.
1. Visit the official website of WPS Office “https://www.wps.com/.”
2. There is a download button on the homepage of the website. Click on it.
3. It will download a 5Mb file, open it on your PC, and click Install Now. Don’t forget to tick the agreement checkbox.
4. Once you click Install Now, the application will be downloaded.
Part 6: How to Edit a PDF with WPS Office
You can use the WPS Office PDF editor to change your documents in three different ways. Below are all the three methods explained in detail.
1. Open your web browser and visit “pdf.wps.com.”
2. Click on PDF to Word.
3. Click on the “+” button to upload your PDF file. Wait a little until the file is uploaded properly.
1. On your browser and visit “https://sg.docs.wps.com/.”
2. Click on Create New, and then select “Upload File.” Select your PDF file and wait to upload it.
3. Once the file is uploaded, click on it, and it will take you to another window where you can start editing your file instantly.
4. There are different editing options like annotations where you can underline, highlight, strikethrough, and change the color of your text.
5. The special function allows you to add digital signatures to your PDF document.
WPS Office Desktop App
1. Download WPS Office on your PC, install it, and then run it.
2. Click on PDF Edit and then open your PDF document.
3. It will open the document in another tab where you can start editing the document.
4. There are many editing options like adding headers and footers, watermark removal, page splitting, page numbering, background changing, cropping page, and adding pictures to your PDF.
5. Once you finish editing your PDF document, click Export PDF to export it to other formats like Word, PPT, Text, and picture.
Part 7: FAQs about Google Drive
Q1: Can I edit a scanned PDF document on Google Drive?
With the help of the OCR feature, you can edit scanned PDFs. You need to download the Chrome extension for this purpose. However, WPS Office has a built-in OCR feature for editing scanned PDF documents.
Q2: Is it possible to merge multiple PDFs on Google Drive？
Using the Merge PDF feature, you can merge multiple PDFs on Google Drive. This feature is more prominent and easy to use in WPS Office.
Q3: Can I edit PDFs on Google Drive using my mobile device?
Yes, you can edit PDFs on your mobile device. All you need is to download Google Drive on your smartphone.
Google Drive is an exceptional storage and synchronization service that offers a PDF Editing feature with the help of Google Docs. It is easy to use and doesn’t require a high-end PC. All you need is a Gmail ID and an internet connection. Editing PDF Online using Google Docs is efficient as it saves time and money because it is free.
However, other tools like WPS Office also offer PDF editing services with more advanced features. It is available for multiple platforms and contains advanced editing features like digital signatures. WPS Office is a hybrid application you can use online and offline on your PC. Try Google PDF Editor and WPS Office, and you will be more comfortable with WPS Office because of its powerful editing features for pages, text, shapes, forms, etc.
- 1. Foxit PDF Editor for Windows 10 - Best PDF Editing App
- 2. How to Edit a PDF in Google Drive: List of Best PDF Editors
- 3. How to Edit PDFs in 9 Free Ways (Complete Guide)
- 4. Combine PDFs into One Free: A Complete Guide for Merging
- 5. Unlocking Secured PDFs: How to Editing PDFs Without Passwords
- 6. How to Convert Image to PDF in Google Drive & WPS Office for Free 2022
- 7. How to Merge Pdfs Using Smallpdf(The Ultimate Guide)
- 8. Smaller PDFs Size with Adobe Compress PDF Free and Pro: The Ultimate Guide
- 9. How to Edit a PDF in Google Drive and Other Methods
- 10. How to Print PDFs without Margins: A Step-by-Step Guide