How to Install and Use Adobe Reader for Chrome
Google Chrome Browser allows you to install and use an Adobe Reader extension. Therefore, you do not need to have to Adobe software installed on your device to be able to use the reader. The extension is therefore a way to make things easier and faster for you when you encounter a PDF document while browsing using Chrome. This article highlights the important things about adobe reader for Chrome and how to use it.
What You Can Do With Adobe Acrobat Chrome Extension
When you have the Google Chrome Adobe Extension, you can:
- Quickly view a PDF document online and even add comments as well as share the document with other people
- Access the fill and sign tool and efficiently fill and sign any form there and then
- To access the PDF files in your local storage and open them in chrome without using the Adobe Acrobat App
- To use the combine, conversion services, and other services after you have subscribed
How To Install The Adobe Acrobat Reader For Chrome Extension
Unlike other PDF software where the Chrome extension is usually installed automatically, Adobe usually requires your permission to install it. Here is a step-by-step process on how to install the Adobe Reader for Chrome extension:
Step1: After you launch your Adobe Reader, you will be prompted to install the Chrome Extension. You usually get this prompt also when installing Adobe Reader for the first time on your Desktop
Step2: click on ‘Continue’ to finish installing the extension.
Step3: go to your Google Chrome and click on ‘Enable Extension’ so that you can use it.
Using The Adobe Reader For Chrome Extension
Accessing PDF Tools
the Adobe Reader for Chrome extension allows you to quickly access some of the tools offered in the adobe acrobat app. These tools include the conversion to Word and other file formats, editing tools, and PDF signer tools.
The tools can be accessed in the extension widget. simply click on the widget available in the chrome toolbar and the tools will pop up.
Converting Files To PDF
File conversion in Adobe Reader for chrome is free. To convert other file formats to chrome, simply go to the widget above and choose the appropriate tool. Select the file you want to convert and click on convert to finish the conversion.
The same procedure applies to filling and signing forms as well as editing your PDF files.
Using Adobe Acrobat Reader Instead Of The Extension
While the Adobe reader for chrome extension can be a great way to quickly convert and edit your PDF documents online, it has its limits, and sometimes it is better to use the Adobe Reader app installed on your Desktop. To do this, use the adobe acrobat reader prompt in the upper right corner of your chrome window. Click on ‘Open In Adobe Reader to use the app.
How To Disable The Adobe Reader For Chrome Extension
It is not a must to use the Chrome adobe acrobat reader. Adobe only allows you to use the extension as long as you enable it as seen above. However, you can easily disable the extension and start using the application instead. The steps to disable the extension are as follows:
Step1: right click on the adobe reader extension icon in the chrome bar and select the ‘Manage Extensions’ button
Step2: in the window that appears, click to clear the ‘Enabled’ check box
How to completely remove the Chrome Extension
If you no longer wish to use Adobe Reader for the Chrome extension, then you can decide to remove the Chrome extension for good. This is a simple process as seen here:
Step1: right click on the Chrome Adobe reader extension in the bar and select the ‘Remove Extension’ option in the menu that appears.
Step2: click on ‘ remove’ in the next pop-up window to confirm.
The adobe reader for Chrome extension can be an easier and faster way to handle PDF documents without having to leave your Chrome browser. To handle PDFs well and without stress, however, you can download the WPS office here https://pdf.wps.com.
- 1. Can You Install Adobe Reader Offline?
- 2. Download and Install Free iLovePDF Extension for Chrome
- 3. Smallpdf Extension Reader for Chrome (Free 2023)
- 4. Why You Need to Install Adobe Reader for Windows 7 on Your Computer?
- 5. PDF Xchange Extension for Chrome 2022: How to Install & Use
- 6. Free Download iLovePDF Extension Reader for Chrome
- 7. Adobe Extension Converter for Chrome (Free 2022 Version)
- 8. 9 Useful PDF Reader Extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and More
- 9. Adobe Reader DC Vs. Adobe Acrobat DC Free Trial
- 10. Adobe Reader Extension for Chrome Online 2023